[CWG-Stewardship] TIME TO GET GOING RPC GROUP III

Eduardo Diaz eduardodiazrivera at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 14:47:31 UTC 2014

Amr:

I like your approach. Google for document repository/drafting collaboration
and the WIKI to capture all comments/feedback and whatever else.

-ed

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 3:02 PM, Amr Elsadr <aelsadr at egyptig.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks Grace, and thanks Allan for bringing this up.
>
> Would a combination of Google Docs and the Wiki be acceptable? Perhaps use
> Google Docs for collaborative drafting, then use the Wiki to post drafted
> documents and eliciting feedback from the broader community? The
> combination of the two had been previously suggested.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Amr
>
> On Oct 30, 2014, at 7:54 PM, Grace Abuhamad <grace.abuhamad at icann.org>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Allan,
>
> I'm no Marika, but I can provide the answer to your first point. We have
> checked with our web team internally and the Wiki was the suggested tool.
> We created sub-team sections in the Wiki for that purpose, and could of
> course adjust them to what best suits the group for collaborative work. The
> other option would be something like Google Docs, which I could support you
> in, but is not a platform supported by the ICANN web team.
>

> From: Allan MacGillivray <allan.macgillivray at cira.ca>
> Date: Thursday, October 30, 2014 2:37 PM
> To: "cwg-stewardship at icann.org" <cwg-stewardship at icann.org>
> Subject: [CWG-Stewardship] TIME TO GET GOING RPC GROUP III
>
> Colleagues – we are quickly running out of time, Group III has to get its
> act together, and quickly.  This is what I think we need right away:
>
> 1.       *A platform for collaboration*
>
> We need a place specific proposals can be uploaded which has the
> capability of capturing the comments of the community all in one place.
> Marika – can you suggest something.  My fear is that a lot of what is being
> said on the list will have to be repeated
>
> *Marika – can you suggest something?*
> 2.       *A common understanding of what we are trying to achieve*.
>
> Many of the ideas that are being floated may be based on differing
> assumptions as to the objective. This has to be a priority for putting up
> in our ‘collaboration space’
>
> 3.       *Specific Proposals from Group III participants*
>
> We need fleshed out proposals that can be reviewed and commented on in a
> structured manner.  I propose that we use a simple ‘pro and con’ approach.
>
> 4.        *Someone to call the first meeting*
>
> Whoever you are, you will likely end up as the rapporteur/coordinator
> unless you can convince someone else to do it but unless someone
> volunteers, we will not accomplish anything

*NOTICE:* This email may contain information which is confidential and/or
subject to legal privilege, and is intended for the use of the named
addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use,
disclose or copy any part of this email. If you have received this email by
mistake, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately.