[CWG-Stewardship] Remember to send questions and comments to legal advice from Sidley Austin

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Thu Apr 9 22:33:08 UTC 2015

Ah, I misunderstood your original point, then.

Yes, I would actually agree with you that a new entity that is strictly confined to the IANA functions is much simpler to set up than one that exercises oversight over policy. Indeed, such an entity would be like recreating ICANN (which is in some ways what the CCWG is potentially doing ;-)

However, I did not interpret Paul Kane's call for an external affiliate to be an entity that would be "responsible for accountability over policy." I thought it was more of a contract co-type entity that would choose the IANA operator.

Maybe we should let Paul respond to these things.

In the meantime, we can warn the CCWG that they are racing against heat death of the universe ;-)