[CWG-Stewardship] Remember to send questions and comments to legal advice from Sidley Austin

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Fri Apr 10 21:52:22 UTC 2015

That depends on why one thinks the current situation is dissatisfying. I, and most of the rest of the world, thought it was unacceptable because a single national government had unilateral control and oversight authority over a global resource, the DNS.

Thus, replacing NTIA with a nongovernmental entity representative of or accountable to the actual internet community is not reproducing that situation at all, it is correcting it.

Conversely, suggesting that no external oversight at all is necessary, as the internal model borders on doing, is equally unsatisfying