[CWG-Stewardship] Question for Sidley

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Mon Apr 13 18:19:57 UTC 2015

Martin,
This statement doesn't make any sense to me.
IANA as an affiliate of ICANN doesn’t create a completely new organization to watch, it simply separates out the IANA governance issues from the policy governance issues. Your approach mixes them up. You have never adequately explained how you overcome the issues related to that - such as, for example, how IANA functions might become a hostage in policy disputes, or how the tiny status of IANA in the overall ICANN regime might make it difficult to focus on IANA performance.