[CWG-Stewardship] For your review - Draft Transition Plan V3.2

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sat Apr 18 13:40:27 UTC 2015

Hi,

I has sent a copy of DT-X Separation Mechanism to the list.  It
certainly needs conversation, but I think that we need to fill this gap
in the proposal before it goes out.

Have included it again with this message.

Perhaps the short  form can sit in III.A.xi  - something like

III.A.xi Separation Mechanism

A fundamental bylaw will be created to define a Separation Mechanism
that can be triggered by the ICANN community if needed.  This would only
occur when other escalation mechanisms and methods have been exhausted.
 A cross community of the SOAC would be formed to review the issues and
make recommendations. The recommendations would need to be approved by
the ICANN Board and would be subject to all escalations and appeals
mechanisms.

There would be no prescribed action for the Separation Mechanism.  It
would be empowered to make a recommendation ranging from “no action
required” to the initiation of an RFP and the recommendation a new IANA
Function Operator.

avri