[CWG-Stewardship] [client com] Draft: Summary of Legal Structure for CWG Proposal

Eduardo Diaz eduardodiazrivera at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 20:42:38 UTC 2015

My comments about the S-A document 20179247_3 on legal structure:

1] It is not clear who is going to decide about the concepts of designator
vs. members (2nd para, page3). Is this an item for the CCWG to resolve?

2] Items (a) & (c) in section  "The weaknesses of the proposed
structure are as follows." (page 3):

*"(a) Requires forming a new entity and on an ongoing basis attending to a
set of  associated corporate formalities, although those can be fairly
minimal;"*

" (c) May have some negative impact on operational efficiency due to the
*functional separation, and the separate legal status will introduce some *
*additional costs, although those should not be significant." *

I suggest to delete the two statements pointed here by an
underline/italics. Both statements are seemly subjectives and tend to steer
the reader
 to think that this will be easy to implement and that it will not be
costly. There has not been any deep analysis done on these to support
either statement.

-ed

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 1:49 PM, Client Committee List for CWG <
cwg-client at icann.org> wrote:

>   Dear All,
>

> Attached is a summary of the current legal structure under consideration
> by the CWG.   This also includes the CCWG dependencies.
>

> Please let us know if you have any comments or would like to discuss.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Sharon
>

> *SHARON* *FLANAGAN*
> Partner
>
> *Sidley Austin LLP*
> +1.415.772.1271
> sflanagan at sidley.com

> This e-mail is sent by a law firm and may contain information that is
> privileged or confidential.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any
> attachments and notify us
> immediately.

*NOTICE:* This email may contain information which is confidential and/or
subject to legal privilege, and is intended for the use of the named
addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use,
disclose or copy any part of this email. If you have received this email by
mistake, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately.