[CWG-Stewardship] For your review - Draft Transition Plan V3.2

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Sun Apr 19 18:59:26 UTC 2015

Andrew,

Thanks for the very detailed review and analysis.  Here are my reactions to two of your comments/suggestions.

Regarding your discussion about fundamental bylaws vs. contractual terms (III.A p 17ff), my understanding is that what we are proposing for public comment will be the legal separation approach, which will involve a contract so I don't think the functional separation approach is an option in what we are proposing even though it could be revived based on public comment.  Also, I believe that fundamental bylaws may be proposed by the CCWG even if there is a contract so I don't think it is a matter of ' fundamental bylaws vs. contractual terms '.

Regarding your comments about expression of interest statements on page 66, I get your point but I admit to having concerns if someone serving on the review team was unwilling to submit a statement of interest.  I am not opposed to people with conflicts of interest being involved as long as it is publicly known what those interests are.  It seems problematic to me if any member of the review team did not declare his/her interests.

Chuck