[CWG-Stewardship] [client com] Draft: Summary of Legal Structure for CWG Proposal

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Sun Apr 19 20:32:53 UTC 2015

Seun,
Please try to be accurate. I haven’t made any assertions about what “a whole community wants”
I did say I have talked to people in RIRs who might prefer a legally separated IANA.
In fact, your comments are supporting my point that RIRs have not made any formal statements either way.
And as noted countless times before, because the RIRs have yet to write their contract, it shouldn’t make any difference to them whether their future contract is with IANA services provided by a department of ICANN or by an affiliate.

--MM