[CWG-Stewardship] The PTI board

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 01:49:40 UTC 2015

I would disagree with Seun, but for different reasons than Chuck.  First, a
multistakeholder oversight body of some sort has been part of every plan
we've discussed, so claiming similarity (MRT/PRF) between any two models
based on a similarity among all models proves nothing (other than that
there may be no better arguments to use).  PTI and Contract Co. could not
be more different (or less equivalent).  PTI would be an operating company,
with employees, assets, expenses and an ongoing business operation.
Contract Co. would be a holding company, with virtually none of the above.
PTI would be a party providing services under an agreement, responsible for
performing every day.  Contract Co. would be a party contracting for
services to be provided, with activities limited to exercising oversight.
PTI would be controlled by ICANN, through a single member structure (or
conceivably controlled by three members, under an alternate scenarios).
Contract Co. would not be controlled by any third party.  If this is an
attempt at perspective, I have to say it is rather "skewed" (see
http://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g186525-i63947201-Edinburgh_Scotland.html
).

Greg