[CWG-Stewardship] The PTI board

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Apr 21 14:33:16 UTC 2015

One of the motivations for having a separate company is to have some independence from ICANN.

MM: Agreed.

We need to decide WHAT we are doing before HOW.

MM: The reason I proposed a "how" (a small PTI board composed of names, number and protocols person(s) was that I thought we did know "what" the PTI board was doing. The PTI board is responsible for the management of the IANA functions and for oversight. It should be fairly autonomous from the ICANN board and of course that is the reason we are creating a legally separate affiliate. The PRF escalation path should go through the PTI board, for example.