[CWG-Stewardship] For your review - version V3.3

Jaap Akkerhuis jaap at NLnetLabs.nl
Tue Apr 21 17:51:05 UTC 2015

 David Conrad writes:

 > >c) policy for INT is actually described in 1951 and further restricted
 > >   to just the international organisations (See iana.org for the
 > >   eligiblity rules.
 >
 > A nit: the current registration policy for .INT (now) limits that TLD to
 > international _treaty_ organizations, and ones with "an independent legal
 > personality", only.

Good catch, I was doing this from memory. That's why in in the proposed text I put the
reference to the iana INT policy page.

 > > The last infrastructural database (ip6.int) was removed per RFC 4152 in
 > >2005.

Note that this line is not in the proposed text so there is some wiggle room :-).

 > Not quite. There are still a number of "infrastructure database" domains
 > in .INT:
 >
 > ADSN.INT (not sure what this is)
 > ATMA.INT (presumably Asynchronous Transfer Mode address reverse mappings)
 > IP4.INT (reverse mappings for IPv4 addresses, not used -- in-addr.arpa is
 > used instead)
 > NSAP.INT (OSI NSAP reverse mappings, see
 > https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1706)
 > RDI.INT (not sure what this is, might be related to ATM)
 > REG.INT (used (at least) for TSIG algorithm names, see
 > https://tools.ietf.org/htmp/rfc2845)
 > TPC.INT ("The Phone Company", see https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1703)
 >
 > Not sure how many of these are still used.

I didn't realize these things were (still) in. I did a quick check
and noticed that most nameservers of these domains don't respond
to anything.

I'm not sure whether it is worth mentioning it.

	jaap