[CWG-Stewardship] Proposed DT-F Section 4 on split management function

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Apr 21 18:59:05 UTC 2015

Alan, thanks for the quick turnaround. But I think this misses the mark in one way.

Actually, we are; e.g., we propose modifying software to account for absence of authorization function. We propose robustness studies, etc.

What we are not doing is recommending any change in the _separation_ between the IANA functions operator and the root zone maintainer role.

Could we reword it to be more exact in this way? Here is a revised proposal:

"Post transition there will only be the IANA Functions Operator and the Root Zone Maintainer. The CWG is not recommending any change in the separation between the two at this time. The CWG is recommending that should there be a proposal to combine the two or make other changes in their respective roles in root zone modification, that it be subject to wide community consultation."