[CWG-Stewardship] For your review - version V3.3

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Tue Apr 21 21:55:48 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 07:27:14PM +0000, Milton L Mueller wrote:
> for a lot of the work. The protocols community stopped participating
> in ICANN as a stakeholder more than a decade ago, when the PSO was
> ended; it contributes no money to ICANN and has no voting board
> member.

I don't think it's exactly true that the protocols community stopped
participating in ICANN as a stakeholder.  What is true is that we have
a slightly lightweight, and less formal, relationship than some of the
officially-sanctioned SOs and ACs.  But the IETF appoints a liaison to
the ICANN board, appoints a liaison to the RSSAC, contributes two
experts to the technical experts group, and appoints a member of the
Nomcom. I know you're aware of this, and I understand the distinction
you were trying to draw; I just didn't want the significant
participation to be overlooked by those who may be less aware of it.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com