[CWG-Stewardship] Final Version for Publication (redline)

Grace Abuhamad grace.abuhamad at icann.org
Wed Apr 22 23:50:07 UTC 2015

Sending this note on behalf of the Chairs ‹ Grace

Dear All,

Attached is the final document (v3.5) to be published shortly as the
CWG-Stewardship 2nd Draft Proposal.

Changes to the document include edits and suggestions that were sent to the
mailing list following circulation of the document after yesterday¹s call
(v3.4). In addition, in the interest of time, the Chairs had to make a few
editorial decisions as listed below in order of appearance:
* We have synchronised the Section III introductory text with the text we
included in our Foreword/Executive Summary.
* We have removed the paragraph on the possible PTI Board roles, since (a)
this text was suggested by Sidley Austin to be optional and (b) it is
dependent on the legal structure of PTI which we have not yet finalised (and
therefore did not want to pre-empt in the Public Comment).
* We have included and edited version of the placeholder text offered by
Paul Kane regarding the progress in DT-A (SLE) work.
* We have edited Annex L on the Separation Review so as to reflect the
status of the discussions in the CWG-Stewardship and again, not to pre-empt
in the document for Public Comment.

Staff will ensure the 2nd Draft Proposal will be published shortly. The
Œpackage¹ of documents to be published will include:
1. A Foreword from the Chairs (which provides an executive summary of the
2nd Draft Proposal)
2. The 2nd Draft Proposal (with annexes)
3. The 2nd Draft Proposal (without annexes)
4. The Public Comment template (to provide a preferred structure for
feedback)
5. An updated version of the XPlane Handout (which includes a visualization
of the proposed post-transition model)

As noted by Staff, we have cancelled the CWG-Stewardship calls on Thursday
23 April and Tuesday 28 April. We will pick up again on Thursday 30 April at
11:00 UTC.

Please encourage your communities to join the briefing webinars on Friday 24
April: https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-04-16-en. For RSVPs,
please contact Brenda Brewer.

Thank-you to all of you and the ICANN staff who have contributed significant
effort over a short space of time.

Best wishes,
Jonathan and Lise