[CWG-Stewardship] [client com] IPR Memo

Mwendwa Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Mon Aug 10 07:49:23 UTC 2015

On 10 August 2015 at 09:46, Greg Shatan <gregshatanipc at gmail.com> wrote:

> I also don't think it's accurate to state that failing to embrace the
> CRISP proposal will result in "any of our three community proposals
> having to go back to the community process and seek for re-approval."
>  There's no indication that needs to happen, and stating that it will tends
> to look like an attempt to shove the CWG into accepting the CRISP proposal
> by proposing that some awful thing will happen if we don't. That may not
> have been the intent, but it certainly could be the effect.

Certainly, if the numbering community are asked to adopt another stance
than that in their proposal, the community has to be given a chance to
debate and ratify. That is part of the principles NTIA expects us to
follow: Support and enhance the multistakeholder model; and Meet the needs
and expectations of the global customers and partners of the IANA services.

My views alone.

Regards
Mwendwa Kivuva, Nairobi, Kenya

"There are some men who lift the age they inhabit, till all men walk on
higher ground in that lifetime." - Maxwell Anderson