[CWG-Stewardship] Update on IANA IPR

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 05:50:04 UTC 2015

Sent from my Asus Zenfone2
Kindly excuse brevity and typos.
On 18 Aug 2015 00:38, "Greg Shatan" <gregshatanipc at gmail.com> wrote:

> ​ -- all the more important​.  If the IETF Trust can be altered to fit
those mechanisms (whatever they may be), it's important to know that.  If
it can't, that's even more important to know.

SO: Just to be clear Greg do you really mean altering IETF trust? or
getting appropriate wording/agreement between the operational communities
and the IETF trust that ensures access (and required accountability) to the
IANA TM.

Altering the IETF trust would seem to be out of scope and I am not sure I
understand why we would want to do that. Neither would I expect IETF to
make such structural changes just to convince their trust worthiness. I
expect getting the right wording on how it will operate this particular TM
is what is most important.

Remember IETF has other TM it's holding and there has been no known issue
with it. Again apart from the conspiracy theory that Avri postulated (which
I expect can be handled with the right wording in the agreement), I don't
see any other damage that the IETF can cause.

Please let's move on to the next step on this matter.

Regards