[CWG-Stewardship] CWG Position on IANA IPR

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 11:55:54 UTC 2015

Sent from my Asus Zenfone2
Kindly excuse brevity and typos.
On 26 Aug 2015 08:25, "Jonathan Robinson" <jrobinson at afilias.info> wrote

> The CWG is able to formally confirm that its position is consistent with
that of the other ICG RFP respondents in that the CWG has no objection to
the IANA trademark and the IANA.ORG domain name being transferred to an
entity independent of the IANA Numbering Services Operator,

SO:
I presume you meant to write independent of "IANA functions operator"

Regards

in order to ensure that these assets are used in a non-discriminatory
manner for the benefit of the entire community. For the avoidance of doubt,
we view the CWG position as also consistent with the ICANN board statement
of 15 August 2015 on the same subject.

> With regard to implementation of the ICG proposal, the CWG expects that,
in co-ordination with the other operational communities, the detailed
requirements for such an independent entity will be agreed and specified
and that the appropriate independent entity will then be created or
selected (and adapted if necessary) such that it can meet the detailed
requirements.