[CWG-Stewardship] CWG Position on IANA IPR

Mueller, Milton L milton.mueller at pubpolicy.gatech.edu
Wed Aug 26 17:41:32 UTC 2015

From: Seun Ojedeji [mailto:seun.ojedeji at gmail.com]

SO: Well my point is that the rationale does not have to be that complicated to agree on. Nevertheless, at the fear of prolonging this unnecessarily, I agree we move on without rationale if others are fine with it.

MM: I am _not_ fine with it. The rationale needs to be in there, because that is what we discussed and what everyone but Greg agreed was the concern. If you want to rephrase the rationale a bit to incorporate separability concerns more directly rather than nondiscrimination, that would be fine. But to say or imply that we have no rationale for this, and that we are simply not objecting, would be a completely inaccurate representation of what happened in this CWG.