[CWG-Stewardship] FINAL - Agreed text for IANA Service Level

Paul M Kane - CWG paul.kane-cwg at icb.co.uk
Mon Aug 31 11:10:38 UTC 2015

(apologies for cross posting)

Dear all,

I am delighted to attach the agreed Service Level Expectation document,
containing the specifics of what ICANN/IANA has agreed to monitor and report.

I would like to thank the members of the working group, (Elaine Pruis, Jeffrey
Eckhaus, Jeff Neuman, Patricio Poblete, Jay Daley, Adam Smith and ICANN/IANA;
Kim Davies, Bernard Turcotte, Elise Gerich, David Conrad) for their dedication
and professionalism over the past months.  They contributed to over 300 hours of
discussions, 8 full WG meetings, 15 sub-group meeting and countless emails ...
and it is with pleasure I advise that the first phase is done.
I'd also like to thank ICANN staff for their support in facilitating the WG
discussions.

ICANN/IANA will now plan the scope of work to implement this SLE, operating the
service in a test phase/parallel mode to start the necessary real-world data
capture.

Please circulate the agreed SLE document as you consider appropriate which
demonstrates ICANN/IANA's commitment to enhanced reporting and transparency post
transition which I am confident will be welcomed by the global community.

Kind regards

Paul Kane
SLE WG Chair.