[CWG-Stewardship] Question re fiduciary duties and separation

Jordan Carter jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Mon Aug 31 19:08:19 UTC 2015

Hi there

I have a question which participants may recall the answer to:

Is the ICANN board allowed to agree to a separation of the IANA functions
operator, given its fiduciary duties to the corporation?

Relatedly:

Was this question explicitly addressed by the legal advisors to the CWG -
and if so, where can I find that advice?

I ask because I want to test the feasibility of the separation model in the
ICG proposal.

Many thanks for any assistance you can offer.

cheers
Jordan

--
Jordan Carter

Chief Executive
*InternetNZ*

+64-495-2118 (office) | +64-21-442-649 (mob)
Email: jordan at internetnz.net.nz
Skype: jordancarter
Web: www.internetnz.nz

*A better world through a better Internet *