[CWG-Stewardship] CWG - Draft Report for Singapore

Lindeberg, Elise elise.lindeberg at Nkom.no
Mon Feb 2 10:02:29 UTC 2015

I agree with Avri on this  - the notion of separability has to be underlined as common to both models.
And, since this is a key element in the CWG discussions, principles and draft solutions , I think we should formulate a question to the community about the importance of separability, that is if an all internal solution creates enough separation and independent oversight and review.

Elise

Fra: cwg-stewardship-bounces at icann.org [mailto:cwg-stewardship-bounces at icann.org] På vegne av Avri Doria
Sendt: 2. februar 2015 09:21
Til: cwg-stewardship at icann.org
Emne: Re: [CWG-Stewardship] CWG - Draft Report for Singapore

Hi,

One to the comments I would make is that the notion of separability, the ability to remove the IANA function from ICANN without necessarily separating the function from ICANN at this time, is common to both solutions as it is contained in the principles and both solutions allow for this, though in a different manner (contract co vs. so-called nuclear options).  I beleive it should get a point in the " Common points between the two models "

avri