[CWG-Stewardship] CWG - Draft Report for Singapore

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon Feb 2 10:26:46 UTC 2015

Hi,

Among his comment Alan made the following:

> Do we not also need a note saying that so far, we have not addressed
> .int. And perhaps also the RZM, to the extent that it is within our
> scope. Sub note: it would be good to have some clarity on exactly wat
> part of the RZM *IS* within our scope.

Strongly agree.

> The proposal clearly called for the MRT to be incorporated, a clear
> difference from the intent in the Contract Co. model

I think there is still some discussion among proponents of the external
trust model.  I personally support the incorparation of the MRT as an
association and see it as the guarantor, or whatever we call it, of the
Trust.  I do not think, however, that this was an essential part of the
original proposal.  So if something is added, it should not be
definitive on the incorporation point - I think that sort of fine point
is somewhat dependent on what we learn about the various legal regimes
for Trusts and trust-like mechanisms.

> I think that it very important to add that all of the Internal to
> ICANN models PRESUME that the CCWG-Accountability will be able to
> deliver iron-clad accountability measures to ensure that the MS
> community cannot be overruled by the ICANN Board.

I agree the absolute imperative of this for the Internal model is one of
the major motivational differences with the External models.

avri