[CWG-Stewardship] CWG - DRAFT discussion document for Singapore V3.5

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Tue Feb 3 15:47:43 UTC 2015

Very good points Avri.

Chuck

From: cwg-stewardship-bounces at icann.org [mailto:cwg-stewardship-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Avri Doria
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2015 10:31 AM
To: cwg-stewardship at icann.org
Subject: Re: [CWG-Stewardship] CWG - DRAFT discussion document for Singapore V3.5

Hi,

I understand, but am of the view that if we can't even see the full separate budget when the current contract requires a degree of functional separation, it is difficult to move forward with this transition in any sort of knowledgeable way.

I just do not understand how can we pick or trust any of these models if a separate budget cannot be shown.  Yes we have been hearing about the future detail in the budgets, but if after all these years we cannot get that despite a very competent budget and accounting department at ICANN, one must assume some degree of unwillingness at ICANN on budget transparency.

>From the ATRT2 report:

ICANN's (yearly) financial reporting shall ensure that it is possible to track
ICANN's activities and the related expenses with particular focus on the
implementation of the (yearly) budget.

The fact that we cannot know the full budget for IANA is a problem.  And it is a problem we must solve becasue the CCWG plans for budget accountabilty are long range, and this is a immediate problem for getting our work done.

avri