[CWG-Stewardship] CWG - DRAFT discussion document for Singapore V3.5

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Tue Feb 3 15:49:59 UTC 2015

I could be wrong Avri.

Chuck

From: cwg-stewardship-bounces at icann.org [mailto:cwg-stewardship-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Avri Doria
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2015 10:46 AM
To: cwg-stewardship at icann.org
Subject: Re: [CWG-Stewardship] CWG - DRAFT discussion document for Singapore V3.5

On 03-Feb-15 16:04, Gomes, Chuck wrote:
The point I was making in my message was that ICANN funds all of the IANA naming functions but does not fund all of the IETF and RIR costs related to IANA processes.

How do you know that?  I thought this was a free service for the IETF.
I admit I don't know the numbers contribution levels for the IANA service, but I am pretty sure IETF pays nothing for it.

I do not begrudge that Names supports Protocols, I think it is a good public service and I would like to see ICANN more invovled in public service (as my involvement in the JAS new gTLD funding for developing economies CWG showed) .  However, I think it critical to know the details.