[CWG-Stewardship] CWG - DRAFT discussion document for Singapore V3.5

David Conrad david.conrad at icann.org
Tue Feb 3 17:45:29 UTC 2015

Greg,

> I thought the point was that ICANN does not provide any funds to IETF and RIRs for their internal costs (such as they are) relating to IANA processes (which I assume is primarily policy-related).  By contrast, ICANN funds its own costs relating to IANA policy-making, as well as funding the IANA Functions Operator aspect of IANA.

Sorry, what "IANA policy-making" are you talking about?  AFAIK, the vast majority of policy making is related to various gTLD-related issues, with a bit of ccTLD policy thrown in on occasion. There is also tiny bit of numbers-related policy making.  That is, the vast majority of ICANN's resources are spent on stuff that happens before IANA staff gets involved.

Regards,
-drc