[CWG-Stewardship] CWG - DRAFT discussion document for Singapore V3.5

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue Feb 3 20:35:43 UTC 2015

Hi,

I think  these questions ought to asked because ICANN, funded mostly by
Names, pays for all of IANA's services.

I think we need to know how much this costs and what the various
portions cost as we are making assumptions about future possible plans.
It is part of the stability question we need to answer.  Something I
know quite well is that lack of budget results in lack of stability.

The ICG has declared the three operational entities separate, and each
of the three is declaring that they could leave ICANN if displeased - a
position I agree with.  But this is a service that cost quite a bit I
expect and such independence would come at a cost.  I think we need know
the costs in order to figure out this puzzle.  We cannot asume that
thing could change without know what the costs would be.

For the Names side, we know that the cost = total cost for IANA -
costs(Numbers + Protocols).  But what is that in numbers?

avri