[CWG-Stewardship] [CWG-RFP3] CCWG California Law Response

Chris Disspain ceo at auda.org.au
Tue Feb 10 02:23:11 UTC 2015

Hi Milton,

> Try to avoid personal insults, both in tone and content.

Excellent idea. Let’s all do that.

> The topic of conversation here was the Jones Day interpretation of California law and whether ICANN as corporate entity and its law firm will seek to preserve its power.

That may be the thread but the topic of my comment and the one to which you responded was my suggestion that what Kieren said was a fact was not a fact.

> Your status as a board member with an fiduciary interest in supporting the interests of the ICANN corporation is a relevant factor in this debate.

As I said:

"…..I am more than capable of dividing my responsibilities/opinions as a Board member from those as CEO of auDA from those of an individual. I appreciate that as an academic you have no experience of doing this…."

I rest my case.

Cheers,

Chris