[CWG-Stewardship] verification function

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Feb 11 05:18:22 UTC 2015

On 11-Feb-15 10:23, Steve Crocker wrote:
> Avri,
>
> For the benefit of people not in the session, can you give a short
> description of what “verification” means in this context?  One
> sentence should do it.

from the slides:

Verification
Changes that satisfy the policy requirements are
transmitted to NTIA for verification. NTIA reviews
the change and then gives authorization to
proceed with publishing the change.

http://singapore52.icann.org/en/schedule/wed-iana/presentation-iana-department-11feb15-en.pdf