[CWG-Stewardship] Update on the Integrated model.

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Thu Feb 19 23:13:26 UTC 2015

Thanks Avri.  Forgive me if this was already discussed by I haven’t been able to keep up on this very well.

·         Has this approach been vetted with the protocol and numbers communities?

·         What does it mean that “ICANN establishes SLAs/MoU with Post Transition IANA”?  Why would ICANN be involved in this?

·         With regard to the overall status of the IANA functions operator, I understand the need for parity between the three organizations, but when it comes to each of their specific functions, I don’t see the value of parity.  For example, couldn’t parity become a problem with regard to issues related to the naming functions from a naming community point of view?

·         Without in any way criticizing the proposed approach, isn’t the new IANA board a new architectural feature?

·         Has any thought been put into the source of funding?

·         Who would have MOUs with the Post Transition IANA?

·         In the ICANN subsidiary, shared services and free-standing diagrams, why is ICANN shown as one of three elements of the Post Transition IANA Board?

I appreciate the thought that has gone into this.

Chuck