[CWG-Stewardship] ICANN Board as "regulator" (was: A liaison from the Board to CWG)

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Sun Feb 22 00:00:27 UTC 2015

CCWG is working on internal ICANN accountability reforms that relate to the policy making function.

CWG is working on IANA transition, which (as our charter clearly states) also involves accountability wrt the IANA functions operator, as well as a requirement that certain CCWG reforms be instituted before the transition.

So the existence of another WG is irrelevant to the issue of whether it is desirable to separate ICANN the policy maker from ICANN the IANA operator. Is that clear now?