[CWG-Stewardship] ICANN Board as "regulator" (was: A liaison from the Board to CWG)

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sun Feb 22 18:30:29 UTC 2015

Then we will agree to disagree. The CWG has responsibility for
accountability related to the direct operational aspects of the IANA
Function. WS1 of the CCWG explicitly refers to the ICANN
accountability necessary to fulfill the transition. There is nothing
in the current plans of the CCWG that explicitly EXCLUDES any ICANN
accountability measure if IANA happens to be involved.

Moreover, the CWG Co-Chairs have indicated that as ICANN
accountability issues are identified, they should be put on the CCWG plate.

Alan