[CWG-Stewardship] ICANN Board as "regulator" (was: A liaison from the Board to CWG)

David Conrad david.conrad at icann.org
Sun Feb 22 20:05:01 UTC 2015

Milton,

>>I'm curious: where are the IANA operational issues associated with the
>> transition supposed to be discussed in your view?
>Here and in the ICG. Not sure I understand why that isn't evident to you.

Because, to date and to my knowledge, no one has actually discussed IANA
operational issues -- from my undoubtedly naïve perspective, the CWG
appears to have been solely focused on duplicating the effort of the CCWG.
Admittedly, I haven't been following too closely, but last I looked, even
the most obvious and critical aspect, namely the fact that NTIA is in the
direct operational loop for ALL root zone changes was termed an "orphan
issue"(!).

Can you point me to where the CWG (or the ICG) have been discussing IANA
operational issues?  I'd like to get caught up.

Thanks,
-drc