[CWG-Stewardship] Call for suggestions to design teams

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 21:12:04 UTC 2015

Avri,

The design teams (or task forces) are emphatically not only for process
issues.  For instance, in my view design teams need to be set up for issues
such as the following:

1. Specifying and drafting service level documentation (specifying and
drafting may be two different design teams, or just two different
deliverables of one design team).
2. Specifying and drafting escalation documentation
3. Specifying and drafting reporting requirements documentation
4. IPR issues, including the IANA trademark and domain name
5. Replacing (or not) the NTIA validation/authorization function, and if
replacing it, designing/documenting the function, and creating an
implementation path (this may be 3 design teams)

As such, a design team to explore the Integrated Model would certainly fit.

As a final clarification, design teams are not decision teams; they are
supposed to bring the draft deliverable(s) back to the full team for
debate, discussion, revision and approval.

Greg

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 11:28 AM, Avri Doria <avri at acm.org> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> Are design team only for process issues?
>
> If not, perhaps a design team, contingent on how Tuesday goes - of course,
> to further work on the Integrated Model approach.
>
> But I am just not sure if this sort of topic fits the intent of the design
> teams.
>
> avri
>

> On 22-Feb-15 11:14, Lise Fuhr wrote:
>
>  Dear all,
>
> This is a call for suggestions to design teams. If you have any issues
> that you think are relevant for a design team please provide the group with
> a submission of name, a brief description of topic and scope and finally an
> indication of who should to be lead of the team.
>
> Included are an example of relevant design teams, the “Draft Working
> methods” and “Draft Design team Guidelines”.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Jonathan and Lise

*Gregory S. Shatan **ï* *Abelman Frayne & Schwab*

*Partner* *| IP | Technology | Media | Internet*

*666 Third Avenue | New York, NY 10017-5621*

*Direct*  212-885-9253 *| **Main* 212-949-9022

*Fax*  212-949-9190 *|* *Cell *917-816-6428

*gsshatan at lawabel.com <gsshatan at lawabel.com>*

*ICANN-related: gregshatanipc at gmail.com <gregshatanipc at gmail.com>*

*www.lawabel.com <http://www.lawabel.com/>*