[CWG-Stewardship] Update on the Integrated model.

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon Feb 23 16:50:39 UTC 2015

On 23-Feb-15 10:34, John Poole wrote:

> 4. I do not understand your statement (below) "as was foredained by
> the ICG?" When and where did ICG "foredain" the idea of splitting IANA?

By dividing the topic as they did, they precluded any solution that
focused on maintaining a single IANA. By creating a framework that
precluded integrated models, they fore ordained, in my opinion,  that an
operational split in IANA would persist at the conceptual level.

Adding that the Protocol operational community has, and wishes to
maintain,  a contract that says they could split IANA  with 6 months
notice means that all solutions for the IANA Stewardship Transition will
be subject to splitting as the solution to Protocols and Numbers issues.
I beleive we need solutions that help make that less likely to happen.