[CWG-Stewardship] Client Committee Update

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 20:00:37 UTC 2015

All:

I write to update you all on the activities of the Client Committee.

The Client Committee met on Friday, February 20.  Also attending were
representatives of ICANN legal, since they will need to play a role in the
selection and engagement of counsel.

We had initially identified a total of eight firms. Each firm has
appropriate expertise in corporate governance, non-profit matters, trusts,
etc.  Each firm also has a strong California presence, as well as other
offices in the US and other countries.

One firm has withdrawn due to workload issues.  Four firms have withdrawn
due to client conflicts

We are left with a short list of three firms.  Each of these firms has now
sent us a document discussing their relevant capabilities.  At least one
member of the client committee has had a preliminary discussion with each
firm.  We are now in the process of setting up a series of follow-up calls
for this week between the Client Committee and each firm.

While we would like to reveal the names of the firms remaining on the short
list, at this point, it is premature to do so.  We will need to ask each
firm permission to identify it to this group.  We will discuss this with
them during our calls this week.

We will keep the CWG updated on our progress.

Best regards,

Greg Shatan

for the Client Committee

*Gregory S. Shatan **ï* *Abelman Frayne & Schwab*

*Partner* *| IP | Technology | Media | Internet*

*666 Third Avenue | New York, NY 10017-5621*

*Direct*  212-885-9253 *| **Main* 212-949-9022

*Fax*  212-949-9190 *|* *Cell *917-816-6428

*gsshatan at lawabel.com <gsshatan at lawabel.com>*

*ICANN-related: gregshatanipc at gmail.com <gregshatanipc at gmail.com>*

*www.lawabel.com <http://www.lawabel.com/>*