[CWG-Stewardship] Update on the Integrated model.

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Mon Feb 23 20:33:45 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 11:50:39AM -0500, Avri Doria wrote:

> Adding that the Protocol operational community has, and wishes to
> maintain,  a contract that says they could split IANA  with 6 months
> notice means that all solutions for the IANA Stewardship Transition will
> be subject to splitting as the solution to Protocols and Numbers issues.
> I beleive we need solutions that help make that less likely to happen.

This is a key point, I think: the MoU between ICANN and the IETF says
that either party can terminate with 6 months' notice.  This entails
that it has always been possible for the IANA functions to split.  But
the IETF has been quite clear that it has no interest in such a split
and would prefer things remain together.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com