[CWG-Stewardship] Update on the Integrated model.

John Poole jp1 at expri.com
Mon Feb 23 21:22:21 UTC 2015

James: Under the external Trust model, ICANN is replaceable, but only by
Trustees, representative of, and acting on behalf of the entire global
multistakeholder community, but only then under very limited circumstances
in accordance with the terms of the Trust instrument (and even then subject
to judicial review). But you have made my previous point exactly--I do not
buy the argument that IETF or RIRs somehow should be elevated above others
in the global multistakeholder community, or should be empowered alone to
make that decision unilaterally. The IANA functions belong to the entire
global multistakeholder community, not just IETF or RIRs.
Best regards,
John Poole