[CWG-Stewardship] ICANN Board as "regulator" (was: A liaison from the Board to CWG)

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Feb 24 21:30:40 UTC 2015

David
I view these as highly constructive comments and would support creation of a "design team" around them. Indeed, it's the only one I see as being really needed at the present time. You may recall that I supported also your earlier comment about root signing.

Not sure we agree 100% on the independence of these issues from the accountability models, but I do agree that we can discuss them productively and perhaps develop requirements for them without committing anyone to a particular model, especially now that the ASK model has moved us toward some kind of middle ground.

--MM