[CWG-Stewardship] Client Committee Update

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 04:36:39 UTC 2015

Just FYI, the 4th member is actually Maarten Simon from the ccNSO (he's
Senior Legal & Policy Director with SIDN, the ccTLD manager for .NL
(Netherlands)).

It only seems like Chuck is everywhere -- even when he's out on vacation.

Greg

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 11:29 PM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:

> The ALAC asked to have at least one of its representatives on the
> Committee and this was refused.
>

> MM: Did you ask openly? I don’t recall seeing it, but I could easily have
> missed it. I would support adding Kieren and someone from ALAC, if only as
> observers.
>

> We abided by this decision from the Chairs because ultimately:
> 1. we did not want to be a factor that was going to slow down the process.
> The Client Committee needs to act swiftly & professionally with the Legal
> Advice
> 2. we wish to show trust in the current Client Committee of 4 people.
>
> I emphasize point 2 in particular. Whilst transparency is very important,
> "trust" is important too.
>
> MM: I have great trust in Jonathan, Greg, Lise and Chuck. I also belive in
> transparency and procedural safeguards. I know that all of them, especially
> the CWG co-chairs, have about a hundred others things to attend to and may
> need some help. I don’t think it slows things down if we add a couple of
> people.

*Gregory S. Shatan **ï* *Abelman Frayne & Schwab*

*Partner* *| IP | Technology | Media | Internet*

*666 Third Avenue | New York, NY 10017-5621*

*Direct*  212-885-9253 *| **Main* 212-949-9022

*Fax*  212-949-9190 *|* *Cell *917-816-6428

*gsshatan at lawabel.com <gsshatan at lawabel.com>*

*ICANN-related: gregshatanipc at gmail.com <gregshatanipc at gmail.com>*

*www.lawabel.com <http://www.lawabel.com/>*