[CWG-Stewardship] Client Committee -- Further Update

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 22:42:52 UTC 2015

All:

The Client Committee has now scheduled conference calls with each of the
three "short list" firms.  These meetings are scheduled for Thursday,
February 26, Friday, February 27, and Monday, March 2.  The calls are
expected to last 60-90 minutes.

In addition to the Client Committee, Leon Sanchez, a member of the CCWG
legal committee, will be sitting in on most, if not all, of the calls.
Samantha Eisner, a member of the ICANN legal staff, will also be on the
calls.

Each of the firms have seen the legal scoping document and the Singapore
discussion document, and provided a link to the CWG's wiki page  They were
also informed of today's US Senate hearing beforehand.

As noted before, we will ask the firms' permission to reveal their
identities at this stage and for permission to circulate their
submissions.  We will also make clear to them that, if chosen, the
representation should be designed to meet transparency and accountability
standards beyond those typically encountered in the attorney-client
relationship (which tend to value confidentiality and the maintenance of
the attorney-client privilege)

I expect that we will schedule a call for as soon as possible after the 3
meetings take place to discuss and compare the firms and move forward
toward engaging one of the firms on our behalf.  We may also have further
prep/debrief calls around the conferences.

In a addition, we are in the process of preparing documents to memorialize
our initial selection criteria/process, so that it can be better
understood.  We will keep you informed of the process as it progresses.  If
there are any specific subjects you would like me to try to cover, please
let me know.

Greg

--

*Gregory S. Shatan **ï* *Abelman Frayne & Schwab*

*Partner* *| IP | Technology | Media | Internet*

*666 Third Avenue | New York, NY 10017-5621*

*Direct*  212-885-9253 *| **Main* 212-949-9022

*Fax*  212-949-9190 *|* *Cell *917-816-6428

*gsshatan at lawabel.com <gsshatan at lawabel.com>*

*ICANN-related: gregshatanipc at gmail.com <gregshatanipc at gmail.com>*

*www.lawabel.com <http://www.lawabel.com/>*