[CWG-Stewardship] ICANN Board as "regulator" (was: A liaison from the Board to CWG)

Jaap Akkerhuis jaap at NLnetLabs.nl
Thu Feb 26 14:11:43 UTC 2015

 Andrew Sullivan writes:

 > <SNIP>
 >
 > Therefore, I do not think that any plan around int is necessary, I
 > don't think any bylaw change is needed, and therefore I think this
 > item can be struck from our TODO list.

Strickling has repeatedly said that some solution should be presented
for the .INT situation. What the exact problem needs to be solved is,
I don't know but I suspect it has to do with the fact that IANA is now
the registry and the underlining policy doesn't has a real home nor
versight. So someone should figure out the problem statement, explore
possible solutions and come with suggestions how to proceed. Even a
conclusion ``nothing to see here, move on folks'' it is worth to say
so with some confidence and reasoning.

And yes, I'm happy to help out here is the ``someone'' is going to be
a Design Team.

	jaap