[CWG-Stewardship] Client Committee Update

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Thu Feb 26 15:38:56 UTC 2015

These are all very sensible points, Kurt. I hope they are heeded
--MM

One issue is that Kieren asked to be included and then the discussion turned to transparency. Whether a valid concern or not, I don't think this team should have a discussion about transparency where there are winners and losers. I saw including only Kieren as a rapporteur as a way to take the legs out from the transparency discussion and have minimum impact to the team. Another issue is the workload of an overloaded team. I saw Kieren's inclusion as a way to relieve the additional task of taking notes and reporting by those taking a substantive role in the discussion and giving to a professional. A third reason is that Kieren can be briefed that certain discussions by the vendors are confidential and provide independent corroboration that confidentiality is appropriate and not germane to the public review.

Kurt