[CWG-Stewardship] ICANN Board as "regulator" (was: A liaison from the Board to CWG)

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Feb 26 17:27:51 UTC 2015

Hello all,

actually the Management of .INT is a high stakes political game.

The ITU has affirmed for many years that they wish to be managing .INT

Two references:

- Response from the ITU on Response to Request for Comments on the
Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Functions; National
Telecommunications and Informat
ion Administration, Docket No. 110207099–1099–01, RIN 0660–XA23;
published in the Federal Register /Vol. 76, No. 38 / Friday, February
25, 2011, page 10569
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/files/ntia/comments/110207099-1099-01/attachments/ITU_E910_IANA%20NOI%20response_30-03-2011_final.pdf

- ITU Recommendation E.910
http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-E.910-200512-I

Given this political hot potato, would it be wise for ICANN to simply
divest itself of it within 2 years or should it hold on to it?

Kind regards,

Olivier