[CWG-Stewardship] Open call for Pen Holders for shorttext Initial drafting tasks in Sec 5 and Agenda for next RFP-5 Meeting on 07 January at 21:00 UTC

Cheryl Langdon-Orr langdonorr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 00:56:02 UTC 2015

Happy New Year to you all,  and just a couple of things in preparation for
our 4th  RFP-5 call next week...

I have put together the Drft Agenda for this call see
https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=51415530

Please note that new members/contributors to RFP-5 are welcome and so the
invitation to engage or to assist with the drafting tasks listed below is
extended to any Member or Participant of the CWG

>From that and the Action Items Grace has already circulated to RFP-5 list
(and quoted below)  you will see that we are asking for RFP-5 or CWG
Members/Participants to step forward to hold the pen for some initial
drafting of text to use in our section to respond to the issue of the CWG
Proposal meeting the 5 requirements set out by the NTIA...

I know this is a very busy time for everyone but I appeal to you now to
please consider putting your name forward by responding to this email (or
directly on this wiki page
<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocwgdtstwrdshp/CWG-RFP5+-+Draft>)
to be 'penholder for one of the following NTIA requirement text section,
remembering that you will be putting just a paragraph or two together for
each  and that the initial draft produced will be then modified by both the
activities of the Intensive Work W'end coming up , and in our meeting for
Final Drafting in the week of the 12th Jan.

Thank You (in anticipation of your responses :-)

[Expanded Text Section addressing the 5 requirements]

Requirement

Pen Holder(s)

Support and enhance the multistakeholder model;

Maintain the security, stability, and resiliency of the Internet DNS;

 Meet the needs and expectation of the global customers and partners of the
IANA functions;

 Maintain the openness of the Internet;

Does not replace the NTIA role with a government-led or an
inter-governmental organization solution.

*Cheryl Langdon-O**rr ...  *(CLO)

about.me/cheryl.LangdonOrr
[image: Cheryl Langdon-Orr on about.me]
  <http://about.me/cheryl.LangdonOrr>