[CWG-Stewardship] Comments to the CWG on Naming Related Functions, Draft Transition Proposal, Danish Business Authority

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Jan 6 21:03:05 UTC 2015

Another voice calling for separability. From the comment:

"Regarding the question of separation of IANA from ICANN, we believe it is important to strengthen the separation of ICANN's policy function and the IANA operations. More-over, a mechanism should exist that allows for a transition of the IANA functions from ICANN, if this is deemed necessary in the future. A fun-damental element of the current governance structure is the possibility of awarding the contract to another entity and this should be continued in the new setup."