[CWG-Stewardship] Principles: Capture

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue Jan 6 22:33:17 UTC 2015

Martin,

In my mind, abstentions or a lack of participation based on free
choice would be a willful decision not to participate in a decision
and would not contribute to capture. Being prevented from
participating would qualify. Capture could also be effected by design
of the process. For instance, if the workload of MRT participants
approaches a full-time job, or if there are requirements for
participants to provide significant travel or other funds, those
actively participating would be limited to those who could make such
a contribution and would likely exclude significant stakeholders who
did not have the financial resources to fund the operation.

Alan