[CWG-Stewardship] RySG analysis of public comments

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri Jan 9 06:34:54 UTC 2015

Donna et al, Thanks for this.

With regard to the references to the ALAC
proposal, the ALAC is not particularly wedded to
many of the details in our proposal. To quote:

In the view of the ALAC, a suitable transition
proposal will include the following:
- IANA responsibility awarded to ICANN;
- New Board accountability to ensure that
multistakeholder community can initiate action if
dissatisfied with IANA performance;
- Independent Appeal process to address perceived errors.
- Doomsday capability to reassign responsibility if all else fails.

Alan