[CWG-Stewardship] RFP 3 Sub-Group (AKA RFP 3b) - CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS

Robert Guerra rguerra at privaterra.org
Tue Jan 13 15:25:57 UTC 2015

> On Jan 13, 2015, at 3:22 AM, Guru Acharya <gurcharya at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Allan,
>
> I wanted to suggest a way of operationalising the internal-to-ICANN solution for the consideration of RFP3B.
>
> I propose that:
>
> 1) MRT and CSC be internal committees of ICANN;
>
> 2) IANA be hived off as a wholly owned subsidiary of ICANN. The IANA staff continues to work as it presently does but legally all IANA operations are transferred to the wholly owned subsidiary of ICANN. There is no physical change in the IANA operator's location or present operations etc.

As the RFP4 chair - I ask that the RFP3b group please also try to identify transition implications. A wholly owned subsidiary would have certain requirements - such as a separate board, perhaps separate budget. How that gets dealt with would need to be detailed in the proposal...

> This way everything remains internal to ICANN with the option of separability if required.

Are other options possible?

Robert