[CWG-Stewardship] NTIA's Role in Root Zone Management

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 00:41:36 UTC 2015

Publicly owned business?
What do businesses do?
Businesses make profits through business and profitable activities in
the market?
Verisign is a business, it has a board, indeed, that also looks
primarily at how the company is performing and if its making money for
its shareholders and further on its stakeholders or further on its
customers that are buying its products or services?

I wonder how the analogy about a publicly owned company that sells and
generates profits for its shareholders, board members and customers
can be applied to ICANN?

This worries me, thats what contractor co. might think of the overall
IANA system in the first place.

Organisational behaviour of private/public companies is very different
from private/public organisations?

This discussion has actually made me very uncomfortable. This is a
very micro-view approach.

Regards.