[CWG-Stewardship] Chart on CWG link with CCWG on Accountability (UPDATED)

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Tue Jan 20 21:00:22 UTC 2015

Jonathan,

thanks for the update. I find the updated chart to be an improvement.
Chuck mentions that it is [not] "the responsibility of the IANA CWG or
its chartering organizations to approve the CCWG work stream 1 except to
the extent that they impact our recommendations".
I have two comments:
1. Isn't it up to the chartering organisations to approve the
Accountability CCWG work?
2. I note that there doesn't appear to be any charter-mandated approval
of WS1 work relating to IANA by the IANA Stewardship CWG but would
appreciate if there was a way to let WS1 know if they've fulfilled the
needs of the IANA Stewardship CWG for its own proposal - so I support
the change. Perhaps change the text to: "Receive communication from
CWG-IANA if accountability requirements identified need further
refining", or insert "IANA" somewhere in this sentence and the previous
box too, so as to reduce the "accountability" scope to "IANA CWG related
accountability scope".

Kindest regards,

Olivier
On 19/01/2015 22:54, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

> Jonathan,
>

> Most of the changes you made seem useful to me but I don’t think it is
> the responsibility of the IANA CWG or its chartering organizations to
> approve the CCWG work stream 1 recommendations except to the extent
> that they impact our recommendations.  Our task will be to determine
> whether the accountability recommendations from work stream 1 satisfy
> our needs with respect to CWG recommendations; that may or may not
> involve all of the work stream 1 recommendations.  Maybe I am
> nitpicking; if so let me know.
>

> Chuck

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
http://www.gih.com/ocl.html